Educational Center Clerk
Cosumnes River College
Educational Center Clerk
Job Posting Number: C00781P
Salary: $3,223.93 per month
Closing Date: 01/18/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10307
Under supervision of assigned supervisor/manager, performs responsible clerical and recordkeeping duties for an educational center. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Elk Grove Center.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
● Serves as a contact and resource person for instructors, students, employers, staff, and the community at an educational center.
● Performs general office duties in support of center staff and faculty, such as answering phones, preparing correspondence, filing, and recordkeeping.
● Explains college educational programs, and College/District policies and procedures to individuals and community organizations.
● Provides information in response to inquiries regarding classes.
● Assists in conducting orientation sessions.
● Maintains a library of materials and catalogs.
● Assists in ordering supplies and educational materials.
● Coordinates arrangements for use of facilities with appropriate personnel.
● Prepares payroll records and maintains files.
● Assembles data and prepares reports.
● Provides data for institutional research.
● Assists in preparing surveys and other measuring tools to be used in assessing the needs of the community.
● Assists with follow-up studies and activities relating to the evaluation of services provided by the center. ● Prepares and duplicates letters, programs, directories, mailing lists.
● Prepares and distributes informational fliers on center classes and events.
● Assists in the preparation of course registration packets.
● Assists in the preparation of marketing and promotional materials.
● Oversees temporary employees.
● Assists students to enroll in classes.
● Collects fees.
● Maintains records of budget accounts for the center.
● Makes periodic reports on class enrollment and other activities.
● Assists in scheduling classes held in the community.
● Assists in locating and securing sites.
● Performs related duties as required.
Type 40 nwpm. Typing test/certificate required. (Typing tests must be taken BEFORE the job posting closes. Typing Certificates must be attached to the application by midnight of the closing date. Typing Certificates expire two years from the date the typing test was taken. Typing Tests taken through an online service/agency will not be accepted.)
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Three years of experience related to the duties of the position.
(College course work from an accredited institution in business and clerical education may be substituted for two years of the required experience on a year-for-year basis.)
Promotional: Two years of experience in Los Rios Community College District performing clerical duties. (Promotional applies to regular current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.