Part-Time Faculty: Open Campus at The New School
Open Campus, the continuing education arm of The New School, is looking for part-time faculty to teach non-credit online and hybrid courses in the following areas:
- Infographics and Data Visualization
- Design Leadership for Business
- Business Design for Social Impact
- Digital Marketing
- Human Centered Healthcare
- Designing Online Learning
- The Skilled Professional
- Web Design, Web Development, and UX/UI
- Fashion Marketing & Business
- Interior Design
Please see our website for a complete list of course offerings: https://opencampus.newschool.edu/
Part-time faculty at The New School are unionized and members of ACT-UAW (local 7902). The hourly rate for non-credit courses is $74.02 per contact hour, and increases are subject to the local 7902 contract.
Please note that while we are commencing with recruitment efforts for part-time faculty positions, it is understood that hiring is contingent on course availability, funding, and enrollment.
The New School is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of employment, education and access to its educational, artistic or cultural programs and activities. The New School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including gender identity and expression), pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.
- Significant professional experience and/or a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an aligned academic discipline is required.
- One year of teaching experience is required.
- Commitment to teaching non-traditional students and to cultural diversity is required.
- Candidates who are invited to interview will be required to provide 3 letters of reference.
- Experience teaching online and hybrid courses is preferred.