Manager, Performance Tours, Halls and Arts Events
Overview: Working closely with the Associate VP of Communication and Marketing as well as faculty members within music and fine arts, serves as the principal coordinator for large-scale campus events and arts-related tours. Ensures the events are organized and technical support, including sound and lighting, is provided as needed.
- Manages Department of Music’s ensemble tours, including planning, scheduling and management for touring music ensembles. Travels with these ensembles as necessary.
- Manages Department of Music on-campus performances and activities, including: Handel Oratorio Society, holiday performances, visiting guest artists and faculty recitals, as well as student recitals, performances and rehearsals. Collaborates with ticket office manager and technician to ensure a high quality experience.
- Works as a member of the communication and marketing staff at the college.
- Monitor the conditions of equipment including lighting, sound and rigging equipment, notifying supervisors or others involved of the need to repair or replace equipment.
- Interfaces with vendors and freelance workers.
- Supervises the Performance Hall Technician.
- Provides some support to ticket office manager and members of Communication and Marketing in all arts communication, public relations and media relations efforts.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
B.A. in a related field.
Experience: 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in event management. Professional experience in media relations or events management preferred.
Travel: Travel required for Department of Music events & tours. Estimated at 5-10% travel usually by van or bus.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis with occasional lifting of 50 pounds or more. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time.
Special Requirements: This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to relate to a diverse employee population, and the ability and willingness to model the mission and high standard of behavior of Augustana College. Must be able to handle multiple projects with a strong attention to detail. Ability to create and maintain budgets and follow established accounting principles & record-keeping is necessary. Additionally, this person must have a passport and the ability and willingness to travel internationally.