Assistant Director for International Admissions
Founded in 1850, Illinois Wesleyan University (IWU) is an independent, residential, Liberal Arts University with roughly 1,750 students. Nestled between three metropolitan areas (Chicago, St. Louis, MO, Indianapolis, IN), the Bloomington-Normal community is home to four institutions of higher education, and numerous eateries, fun activities, and civic engagement opportunities. Through the promotion and affirmation of diversity in all its forms, IWU creates a campus environment where students, faculty and staff will engage people from different backgrounds and encounter a plurality of experiences.
The University’s Office of Admissions invites applications for the Assistant Director for International Admissions. This full-time position is responsible for international student recruitment that will meet enrollment goals. Work closely with the International Application Coordinator to ensure timely communication and oversee the International Admissions Counselor currently based in China. Provide leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of recruitment policies and procedures.
- Maintain a recruiting territory by representing IWU at college fairs and conventions. Evaluate all personal contacts made and think about strategies to improve recruitment.
- Create a student recruitment plan that will meet enrollment goals. Analyze recruiting territories and schedule all recruitment efforts. Articulate to perspective students and families the admission process and policy, financial aid opportunities, academic programs, and campus activities. Work closely with administration and faculty in joint recruitment efforts to maximize enrollment.
- Applicant management and contact reporting. Practice Prospect Tier Management (working with prospects prior to application).
- Manage the International Admissions Counselor in China to ensure all work meets recruitment goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Frequent weekend or evening work is required, including extensive travel. Valid driver’s license and quality to drive a University vehicle.
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
- High level of ability to work independently and be able to properly prioritize the work to be done.
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Within your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of this opening. The University is committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion. Please feel free to share any opportunities you have had in collaborating in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.
Apply for Assistant Director for International Admissions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly