Faculty, Accounting/Business, Tenure Track needed in Beautiful Northwestern Montana!
Faculty, Accounting/Business, Tenure Track
Salary is based on education and experience, full-time, benefit eligible
Open until filled; however, the first review of application materials is February 13, 2019
Flathead Valley Community College is an outstanding public community college located on a beautiful campus in Kalispell, Montana, with panoramic views of the northern Rocky Mountains and Glacier National Park. Our vision is to improve lives through learning, and the trustees, faculty and staff are dedicated to values that foster and preserve the spirit of our college and promote and support the well-being and economic development of the communities we serve. Anticipated start date of August 2019.
- Teaches and conveys knowledge of accounting, finance and related business courses at freshman and sophomore levels in an effective manner for successful student learning outcomes
- Assists with the development and revision of curriculum and integrates subject area with other related curricula
- Works professionally with college faculty and staff to aid with the educational process and fulfills all academic responsibilities
- Teaches content material using a variety of instructional methods to facilitate student learning
- Utilizes emerging technology in the business and accounting areas
- Facilitates distance education courses such as online, hybrid and ITV
- Maintains and submits instructional records in accordance with requirements and participates in assessment activities
- Advises students according to established guidelines
- Facilitates the hiring of adjunct faculty
- Maintains professional ethics and confidentiality of students in accordance with applicable laws and policies
- Participates actively and with initiative in continuous improvement efforts to provide efficient and quality services. Remains current in practices, trends and research related to college level accounting, finance, and business related topics
- Attends meetings and promotes, encourages, and executes programs of continuous assessment and keeps abreast of the latest developments to build strategic initiatives, programs and update curriculum
- Creates and maintains a collaborative and collegial environment with colleagues and maintains effective working relationships. Fosters positive student and community relations
- Advances the mission of FVCC by serving on committees and contributing in the community in college-related activities
- Remains current in practices, trends and research related to areas of assignment
- Reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or in closely related field; AND,
- Experience teaching accounting, finance, or business related topics in post-secondary education environment
- Ph.D. in closely related field
- Three years’ work experience working in the accounting field
- Experience in differentiated instruction for diverse student populations
- Experience working with instructional technology and/or distance education courses
- Ability to teach all aspects of business with a strong emphasis in accounting and finance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively teach content material in using a variety of instructional methods to facilitate student learning
- Ability to facilitate distance educations courses such as online, hybrid, and ITV.
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the community
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships
- Ability to follow and issue instructions
- Demonstrated skill in creating and managing a work climate of collaboration, collegiality and team work.
- Demonstrated communication, project management, presentation, educational service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- Ability to perform a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application:
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position; AND,
- A current, comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae; AND,
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees held - if more than one transcript, combine them as one document for upload to application. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior to hire. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted, AND
- Five professional references with complete contact information (Professional references are individuals most familiar with applicant's work experience, skills and work behaviors).
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to [email protected] Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION: Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.