National Louis University’s Undergraduate College has set the ambitious goal of becoming a local and national leader in closing the opportunity gap in bachelor’s degree attainment. Through an innovative, affordable, rigorous, flexible, supportive, and professionally focused approach to undergraduate education, NLU seeks to help thousands of students – many of whom face significant barriers to completing college – get to and through college and move on to successful careers and fulfilling lives. A critical aspect of ensuring student and program success is a relentlessly data-driven approach to planning, execution, and continuous improvement in all aspects of the undergraduate experience. The Undergraduate Data Analyst will be responsible for developing and executing on analyses and reporting to drive efficient and effective use of data by Undergraduate faculty and staff. The Data Analyst will work in collaboration with team members in the department to execute the undergraduate data strategy and will also support key initiatives and grant reporting. This position will report to the Undergraduate Analytics Manager while working collaboratively across the College to ensure all objectives are achieved.
• Conduct strategic analyses by querying, cleaning, manipulating, and interpreting data using statistical techniques.
• Complete College data requests and produce reports based on analyses in a variety of formats (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Develop and implement databases and data collection tools to measure program performance and be used for analysis and reporting.
• In collaboration with College and University stakeholders, report on grant outcomes and support data needs for grant proposals.
• Collaborate with Analytics Managers and Director on the execution of program evaluation and relevant research.
• Develop data visualizations based on analysis and interpretation of data using Tableau, Excel or other University systems.
Our mission is to provide a rigorous, affordable college education in a supportive environment that respects diversity to help all students meet and surpass their personal, academic, and career goals.
• Student-Focused: Make decisions based on what is best for students with the belief that when all students have access to resources and support, they are empowered to achieve success.
• Expect Excellence: Hold high expectations for our students and for the faculty and staff who serve them, and hold ourselves accountable for achieving excellence.
• Personalized Support: Take a holistic approach to providing individualized support that encourages students to realize their full potential in college and beyond.
• Data-Driven, Collaborative Environment: Work together as a unified team, utilizing real-time data and technology to adapt to student needs.
• Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Remain agile and open to changes and new ideas-incorporating data as well as student, faculty, and administration voice-to ensure that we are continuously learning, improving, and innovating in all aspects of the student experience. Be positively restless and relentless!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Education, Statistics, Social Work, Public Policy, Business or other closely related field.
• 1-3 years of experience manipulating large data sets with analytical software and/or coding languages (R, SQL, SAS, etc.)
• 1-3 years of experience working in education or youth services with increased responsibility.
• 1-3 years of experience working with data visualization/analytical software (Tableau, SAS, etc.)
• 1-3 years of experience working with Excel for data manipulation and visualization and with PowerPoint for creating sophisticated presentations.
• Breaks down problems and issues into sub-components and then assesses the costs, benefits and risks of various options prior to selecting a particular approach.
• Possesses the technical skills and knowledge required to perform essential tasks in an efficient and effective manner.