Instructor of Spanish
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community and technical college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, promotion and tenure eligible, Instructor or Assistant Professor of Spanish to begin August 2019.
The successful candidate will possess fluent Spanish conversational, writing and reading skills and a strong ability to teach freshman and sophomore-level courses to include Spanish I, Spanish II, Spanish III, Spanish IV and Conversational Spanish. Online instruction via the Canvas LMS platform will be required.
The individual hired will:
• Maintain a 5/5 Fall & Spring course load
• Teach Face to Face, Hybrid, and Online course offerings as needed
• Develop and deliver online Spanish courses
• Maintain an active roster of advisees across many Arts & Humanities disciplines
• Assist with curriculum development and review
• Participate in program assessment
• Engage in student recruitment and retention initiatives
• Serve community outreach programs such as developing and/or teaching continuing education Spanish courses
• Develop and participate in study abroad opportunities for students
• Institutional committee service
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement rather than research and publishing.
The finalists are subject to a criminal background check. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree in Spanish or Master’s degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Spanish. One to three years teaching experience. Strong computer and technology skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Three to five years teaching. International program development experience.