2018 - 19 Lecturer - Pool Faculty (Computer Sciences)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position2018 - 19 Lecturer - Pool Faculty (Computer Sciences)Requisition RankFaculty Position TypeInterim Part-TimeCollegeCollege of Science & Engineering TechnologyEEO Statement
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.Refer Applicants To Contact NameDr. Peter CooperTitle and Address
Professor and Department Chair
Computer Sciences Department
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four courses per semester. Course requirements may include a combination of teaching on-campus classes at The Woodlands Center, classes at the main campus in Huntsville, and online classes, depending on the needs of the academic department. Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is based upon student demand, on a semester-by-semester basis. Sam Houston State University will accept applications from qualified applicants on a continual basis.Degree Requirements
Requires a minimum of master’s degree in related field for lower level course offerings.Experience Requirements
Teaching experience preferred.Other Requirements for the Position
This posting is for the Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 semesters.Special Instructions Summary
If you will be a new hire or have had a break in service, please upload all of the supplemental documents to your application.Beginning DateSeptember 1, 2018Open Date04/05/2018Initial Closing DateRemoved from Web DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research & Goals
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3