2018 - 19 Lecturer - Pool Faculty (Biological Sciences)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position 2018 - 19 Lecturer - Pool Faculty (Biological Sciences) Requisition Rank Faculty Position Type Interim Part-Time College College of Science & Engineering Technology EEO Statement
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.Refer Applicants To Contact Name Dr. Tamara Cook Title and Address
Department of Biological Sciences
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four courses per semester. Course requirements may include a combination of teaching on-campus classes at The Woodlands Center, classes at the main campus in Huntsville, and online classes, depending on the needs of the academic department. Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is based upon student demand, on a semester-by-semester basis. Sam Houston State University will accept applications from qualified applicants on a continual basis.Degree Requirements
Requires a minimum of master’s degree in related field for lower level course offerings.Experience Requirements
Teaching experience preferred.Other Requirements for the Position
This posting is for the Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 semesters.Special Instructions Summary
If you will be a new hire or have had a break in service, please upload all of the supplemental documents to your application.Beginning Date September 1, 2018 Open Date 04/05/2018 Initial Closing Date Removed from Web Date Open Until Filled Yes Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research & Goals
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3