JOB NO.: 97052-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: FP&M/AVC/BUDGET&FIN REPORTING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 97052-AS
Working Title: Accountant
Official Title: ACCOUNTANT(R10DN) or ASSOC ACCOUNTANT(R10FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $57,500 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Minimum two-year degree in accounting/finance related field. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major studies in accounting, business, or related field preferred. An Associate's Degree is required, every two-years of relevant professional work experience as in accounting/finance related field equals one year of applicable university-level requirement.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of two years of accounting/finance experience.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of cash and accrual-based financial reports, GAAP, government accounting, and cost allocation.
- Knowledge of policies and laws related to accounting/finance.
License or certificate:
This position is a part of UW-Madison Facilities Planning and Management's (FP&M) Budget and Financial Reporting team. FP&M is a campus organization with an annual combined budget of approximately $250 million. This position is responsible for helping to ensure the FP&M Finance team can deliver accurate, relevant, and timely financial information to its internal and external stakeholders. Required attributes for this position are: being detail oriented, having excellent Microsoft Excel and system skills, demonstrating ability to document work tasks for use in cross-training efforts, and a willingness to learn and take on additional tasks with increasing responsibility. Project cost accounting experience is also strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of or previous experience with construction / project cost accounting
- Experience with modern financial systems
- Motivation to learn and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to respond to daily challenges while staying focused on long-term goals
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including an ability to partner with team members and internal customers to understand issues, brainstorm solutions, and implement improved processes
- Familiarity with internal controls
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 20 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 25 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time