Career Development Specialist
Career Development Specialist
Student Services Coordinator
Career Center - 161510
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm Some Weekend and Evenings
The UNT Career Center is the centralized career office responsible for the career development and employment of all UNT students and alumni. It has responsibility for all Student Employment, Internships, and Post-Graduate Employment of UNT Students.
The Career Center Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Student Services Coordinator to join our team.
Lead efforts toward planning and implementing career development and job search programs and services to students by working with students, faculty and staff in the College of Visual Arts and Design (CVAD). This includes but is not limited to individual advising and group workshops.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Interface with students and alumni.
* Analyze student's career paths, initiate career assessments, and provide advice.
* Develop and conduct workshops, assess their effectiveness and implement changes needed to engage students.
* Develop ongoing relationships and work cooperatively with faculty and administration in the College Of Visual Arts and Design.
* Manage the assessment of career programs and services and deliver reports to supervisor.
* Lead job market research efforts for their assigned area, in order to provide current and relevant data to faculty and students. Work directly with student organizations in making connections to corporate speakers/mentors.
* Provide marketing of career services to the students and faculty in the assigned department.
* Provide assistance to other units in the Career Center and perform other duties as assigned for optimal operational success of the Career Center.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Excellent public speaking skills with experience in conducting training workshops.
* Ability to provide leadership and mentoring to student populations.
* Experience in networking across departments and programs.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to simultaneously execute multiple projects.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and computer skills.
* Some experience in customer service is preferred.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of career development, resources and theories, job search techniques and technologies.
* Familiarity with career assessment tools.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting