Administrative Support Coordinator, Chemistry
Job ID: 24871
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Department: College of Science
Classification: Administraitve Support Coordinator
Anticipated Salary Range: $3,750/month - $4,200/month
Salary Range: $3,115/month - $5,475/month
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position
Administrative Support Coordinator provides essential administrative support to the Departments of Chemistry, this position is responsible for coordination of the clerical administrative support functions to support the Chair, Analyst, student and faculty.
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined.
- Three years of related office work experience.
- Demonstrated office support/front desk customer service experience.
- Experience submitting and tracking FD&O service request.
- Experience with standard office software applications (MS Office, Peoplesoft, Adobe Acrobat, GoogleDocs).
- Experience with Hiring and payroll process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fully functional knowledge of and skills in standard office procedures and practices; thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Thorough knowledge of software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet and database. Ability to learn and become proficient in PeopleSoft.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze salary data, calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make accurate projections.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
- Excellent oral and written skills
December 20, 2018
Application Screening begins January 11, 2019.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046