Account Clerk III
The College of Dentistry/Billing and Collections Department seeks an individual to ensure the College of Dentistry billings and collections are appropriate and timely. The primary job responsibilities for this position include: review and analyze patient account balances and reports; scrutinize the status of Clinic charges; contact insurance and government payers, Clinical areas, staff and patients to resolve payment issues and document activity on patient accounts; post insurance denials and adjustments; attend monthly departmental meetings; track all requests to ensure completion by established deadlines; adhere to established protocols for record retention, HIPAA compliance and patient privacy rules and regulations; and respond to internal and external customers in a timely and professional manner. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying problematic trends and participate in developing strategies to address them.
Account Clerk III
7A050: DENTISTRY - BUSINESS & SUPPORT SERVICES
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Performing work at a desk for long periods of time; regular, constant, repetitive motion; and looking at a computer screen for prolonged periods of time.
Monday - Friday, Day Shift.
Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Expertise Regarding Patient Accounting Principles; Knowledge of Third-Party Payer Rules.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer experience with billing and collections in a medical and/or dental practice with multiple providers; monitoring and resolving issues on patient accounts; and must have proven experience working with vendors and internal and external customers in a positive and professional manner.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of healthcare insurance or billing experience do you have?
- More than 1, up through 2 years
- More than 2, up through 3 years
- More than 3, up through 4 years
- More than 4, up through 5 years
- More than 5 or more
- * Please describe your typing/keyboard skills. Include your accuracy and the number of words per minute.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the most difficult accounts receivable issue you were directly responsible for resolving in your paid work experience. Include specific details regarding the issue and the steps you took to resolve it.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter