A Scientist I position is available in the Department of Molecular & Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky (http://www.mc.uky.edu/biochemistry/). The successful candidate will focus on functional and biochemical studies of self-renewal mechanisms in cancer stem cells, and manage the laboratory's zebrafish facility.
The candidates should have a degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline and published at least two research articles in international peer-reviewed journals as the first author. The successful candidate should have demonstrated expertise in zebrafish husbandry, as well as practical experience in biochemical and molecular biological techniques (e.g. cloning, working with cultured cell lines and primary cells, immunoprecipitation, protein expression and purification, etc.).
7H180:Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Occasional repetitive motion, occasional lifting of objects up to 35 lbs.
Mostly Monday-Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm
Molecular Biology; Microscopy; experience working with zebrafish.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please choose the answer that best represents your years of paid, full time work experience doing zebrafish research.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3, up through 5 years
- More than 5, up through 9 years
- More than 9 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita