Responsibilities include assisting departments in providing an independent objective disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the internal control and compliance process of university financial and operational transactions. Document embezzlement's, losses, conduct review of systems to determine control weakness and recommend procedure changes to decrease fraud. Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement and cost reduction. Communicate via audit reports/memos, and/or verbally, findings of investigations to include compliance, efficiency, and fraud findings.
1500 Bull Lea Rd., Suite 200 Lexington, KY 40511
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Push, pull or lift up to 10 lbs.
8:00 am-5:00 p.m. and extended hours as necessary.
MS Windows, Excel, etc.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have in hospital or healthcare finance?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Describe your experience using SAP. Include the modules (i.e. FI, BW, HR, etc.) you have utilized.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience with improving your organization's, department's, or team's processes or procedures to meet or exceed organizational goals.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Which statement most adequately describes your analytical skills. 1=None. 2=Very Limited. Information for analysis comes from other sources. 3=Moderate. Develop means of collecting data and receive data from other sources. 4=Extensive. Hands on. Coordinates, computes, and monitors all areas of the information being sought.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter