FINANCIAL ANALYST, Global Programs
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Administration, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day financial administration of the Office of Global Programs. This includes, but is not limited to, review and reconciliation of monthly financial reports, documenting financial policies and recommending improvements to financial processes and policies. The position will also provide support to the Finance and Administration team on quarterly forecasts, the fiscal year close, and budget development. The position will also provide financial reviews and process payments and purchase orders for the units that make up Global Programs.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage the global programs and study abroad monthly site report process; monitor deadlines, review and reconcile financial reports submitted by each site by verifying financial statements, and upload results into the accounting system and financial databases. Research and resolve discrepancies by communicating with site staff directly and act as first check for spending appropriateness. Ensure expenses are compliant with BU financial and operational policies. Propose and assist with the development of policies, forms, and templates to streamline reporting and other processes. (40%)
2. Process financial transactions, including invoices, expense reports, deposits, and purchase orders and track information using financial databases. Analyze expenses and budget variances. Coordinate accounts payable and accounts receivables transactions processing as needed. (35%)
3. Assist the Global Programs finance and administration team in the development of income and expense budgets during both the Stage I & II processes and quarterly confirmations as needed. (15%)
4. Responsible for ensuring all projects have adequate funding available for monthly transactions by monitoring bank accounts and analyze spending patterns and trends. Create budget forecasts and models to anticipate timing of future cash needs, and process wire transfers. (5%)
5. Support the Finance and Administrative team on special projects, such as; business assessments, contract negotiation processes, and in depth financial trend analysis etc. as assigned. (5%)
- Position requires Bachelors Degree in finance, corporate finance, accounting or related field
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience; knowledge of financial statements and accounting; familiar with foreign exchange rates and calculations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; Experience with FileMaker Pro and SAP preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple requests at once
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States