Manager of Digital Marketing
Job ID: 6711 - Unclassified - FT
This position will have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution and provide analytics. Work includes consultations, research, strategic planning, focal groups/formal analysis, and project management in all areas of responsibility. Provides insight and guidance to campus marketing staff across media to strengthen and manage the brands of all Campus Service areas. Ability to perform duties as an active participant in the marketing team and lead appropriate initiatives.
- Manage, evaluate and implement processes for the maintenance and development of all digital media.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all Campus Services websites, social media channels, Ecommerce and marketing campaigns that promote the specific and comprehensive Campus Service areas, products, and/or services. Areas include but are not limited to; Food & Beverage, Retail, Conferences and Events, Marcum, Mail & Package Center, Staff Development, Rec Sports, Goggin Ice Center, and a forward facing Customer Service unit.
- Enhance brand awareness within the digital space on all platforms as well as drive website traffic and acquire leads/customers. Provides support, and supervisory responsibilities, and leadership for writing code, updating back-end functionality, and front-end design of the websites, social media, digital advertising, digital menu boards, and Ecommerce platforms.
- Manages software administration needs for Campus Services Marketing department systems including, but not limited to Formstack, Cascade, Qualtrics, Adobe, Fourwinds, Wordpress, Web Prism, Social media channels, and email platforms.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders of Miami University to further marketing initiatives and strategies for all units within Campus Services and attend departmental marketing meetings as necessary with Account Managers of each area of Campus Services.
- Utilize strong analytical tools and demonstrates ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and protecting university brand and accessibility compliance of all digital media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree, or vocational or technical school degree in Web Design, IT, Marketing, Communications or related field and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge XHTML visual and text editors, CSS, and related basic Web technologies. Knowledge of 508 Accessibility Standards and practical compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices. Organizations skills that include a strong attention to detail. Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with broad range of campus constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in creating new work products, while maintaining collaborative relationships with peers, Campus Services departments, and University Communications and Marketing staff.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in design, development, and management of complex websites.
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.