Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs
Sarah Lawrence College, seeks dynamic, highly motivated, experienced applicants for the position of Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs. The Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs will establish an alumni affinity and networking initiative within the Alumni Engagement team.
Working closely with the Director of Alumni Relations and the Vice President for Advancement to build on the College’s networking initiative for alumni, the Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs will:
- Identify, recruit, and steward career and affinity group volunteers to engage alumni in professional development and networking programs and resource development in order to cultivate meaningful connections among alumni and between alumni and the College.
- Establish vibrant career, academic, and personal affinity groups with robust online and in-person presence.
- In conjunction with our regional chapter program, organize off-campus career networking and informational events in five major alumni chapters (New York, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco). 1 - 3 networking/affinity events per year in each of these regions is desired upon launch of the program.
- Develop online alumni career and networking resources including managing the online professional directory, maintaining/growing the alumni presence and engagement on LinkedIn Groups, and providing regular webinars.
- Provide direct service to all inquiring and interested alumni to ensure the continued growth and development of this pivotal affinity program to increase engagement and connection to the College.
- Manage smooth flow of information regarding alumni-provided internship and leadership opportunities from the Advancement department to the Office of Career Services.
- Collaborate with the Office of Career Services to organize on-campus career networking and informational events involving alumni as presenters, mentors, and facilitators.
- Develop and implement an innovative strategy to harness the energy and expertise of alumni professionals from diverse industries and levels to help with our students’ career success.
- Assist with implementation of Career Services’ new Faculty and Alumni Career Co-Operative, with special focus on identifying and engaging alumni professionals to provide industry specific career advice, career resources/information, and opportunities to current undergraduate students.
- Provide opportunities for students to connect with alumni through networking events, career panels, workshops, company visits, informational interviewing, mentoring, virtual platforms, etc.
- Substantial experience in program management, alumni relations, or career services at a college or university, or expertise directly related to the position.
- A successful track record managing volunteers and developing programming
- Experience developing and marketing webinars and other appropriate online distribution tools, including LinkedIn and other relevant social media.
- Exceptional oral, written, and computer communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and exercising discretion and tact in all interactions.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze data and generate reports is preferred
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge a plus
- Travel and evening/weekend hours required