Lindner College of Business Instructional Designer
The Lindner College of Business (LCB) is at an exciting inflection point on the path to preeminence. The College has an established national reputation for excellence in several academic areas across its undergraduate, graduate, and online programs. A combination of research and teaching accomplishment distinguishes the College as a leader. In 2019, LCB will move into a state-of-the-art new building that represents a tremendous opportunity for the College to bring innovative approaches to business education and further elevate the role of the College at UC, in the City of Cincinnati, and on the national landscape. The Instructional Design Team reports to the Associate Dean for Innovation and New Ventures and is a major catalyst for reinventing the student experience at the College.
Position Summary: LCB is currently seeking an Instructional Designer to help advance teaching excellence and innovation across the college. This position will assist faculty with effectively integrating innovative pedagogy (including digital technologies) into traditional and online learning environments. The Instructional Designer will bring knowledge of instructional design theory and best practices as they collaborate in various aspects of in person, online and hybrid course development. The position will also help design and deliver instructional design related professional development opportunities for faculty and staff. The Instructional Designer will work collaboratively with a Senior Instructional Designer and a Multimedia Assistant, and reports to the Senior Instructional Designer.
Online/distance learning design and development
- Partner with faculty and instructional design staff in planning, designing, developing, producing, and evaluating online and distance learning courses.
On-campus learning innovation
- Collaborate with LCB faculty, staff, and leadership to integrate technology and develop instructional innovations in learning environments across the college.
- Assist in planning, designing, and delivering instructional resources and activities that will increase the level of knowledge and skill among faculty and staff in areas related to learning design and innovation (whether on campus or online).
- Remain current in field of expertise. Use professional development to recommend and lead implementation of industry best practices and solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's in Education, Instructional Design, Education, Educational Technology, Adult Learning, Curriculum, Instruction or other related field and one (1) year experience; experience must include online/blended course design, curriculum development, faculty development or other related area. Must be proficient in various technologies used in the instructional/graphic design and assessment process such as Learning Management Systems (Blackboard) and include some knowledge of website design, Flash, Java Script, MS office suite, social media networking.
- Master's Degree in Education or Instructional Design preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience in instructional design, training, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and handle multiple projects.
- Customer-service orientation, attention to detail, and creativity in problem solving.
- Familiarity with educational technologies and ability to quickly learn new educational tools.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (Blackboard, Canvas, etc.).
- Understanding of learning theories and instructional methods specific to the higher education environment, both in online and face to face environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current techniques and procedures used in the design, development, and evaluation of instructional programs, methods, materials, and instruments.
- Expertise in working with cutting-edge technologies for teaching, learning, and video production.
- Familiarity with video production and post-production.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed resume and application at: http://bit.ly/2ECWdW7
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ncs66f6bvzkkv6vz