Email Marketing Specialist, Executive Education
Email Marketing Specialist, Executive Education
Job Number: 81569
Job Code: 4771 Grade: H Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
This position resides in the Executive Education department. The mission of the Executive Education department is to use GSB faculty ideas to inspire global leaders to change their thinking and drive positive impact throughout their organizations.
In this role, you will manage all email deployments using our new Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) and Salesforce CRM systems with the purpose of driving enrollments for our Open Enrollment programs.
You make sure that your projects always run well, you love technology, and you thrive on learning new things.
- You build trusting, successful relationships with stakeholders through strong communication skills and personal accountability.
- You can motivate and energize team members to deliver great work.
- You pay attention to details and know how to keep track of multiple priorities, getting them done successfully in collaboration with a group of other talented people.
- You are highly productive and able to focus on the tasks at hand to get things done yourself.
- You like to zoom out sometimes and think about the larger picture of how you work.
- You never rest on your laurels and instead look forward to improving the next time around.
- Responsible for email campaigns including approach, planning, executing, analyzing and offering best practices and innovations. Manage deployment schedules effectively and efficiently and communicate any changes proactively with various stakeholders
- Work with other partners including Marketing Leads to get email content, put into SFMC email templates (both text and HTML), send test emails and incorporate feedback as needed.
- Work with Marketing Leads and the marketing analysts to get accurate lists and criteria for segmentation
- Export audience lists for email, postal mail, suppression, and user-preference use, and data analysis use (from various data sources)
- Create new email templates as needed
- Ensure emails are dynamic, efficiently coded, and render correctly across all client browsers. Audit emails prior to deployment for rendering within mobile and desktop
- For large sends, use throttling and monitor the sends as needed
- Monitor and manage automations, journeys and triggered sends
- Assist in campaign and UTM code set-up as needed
- Manage naming conventions for email files loaded into SFMC
- Document, report and troubleshoot any issues related to live emails
- Manage CASL/GDPR and other regulatory suppressions
- Archive emails and record campaign deployments accurately
- Manage the SFMC dashboard
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of metrics as defined by the stakeholders
- Drive towards email operational efficiency and consistency
- Provide marketing training and user support as needed
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Email Studio and Content Builder), or other equivalent technology
- HTML skills for creating and editing email content
- Basic familiarity with Sales Cloud
- Google Analytics dashboard reporting and tracking code creation
- Google tools such as docs, sheets, and slides
- SQL and Tableau experience a plus
- Knowledge of current regulations for CanSpam, CASL, and GDPR a plus
- At least 3 years of in-depth email marketing experience focusing on branding, communications, digital and events
- Experience marketing an online program, service, or product
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by productively engaging and influencing cross-functional teams
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist credential a plus
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Graduate School of Business, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency