Pipeline Project Manager, Stanford Law School
Pipeline Project Manager, Stanford Law School
Job Number: 81561
Job Code: 4111
Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.
At Stanford Law School, we are driven by a passion for new ideas and a commitment to transformative solutions. True to our roots in Silicon Valley and our Stanford heritage, we focus on the future — not the past. Experimentation, exploration, the translation of new knowledge into entrepreneurial solutions: All are in our DNA. So is interdisciplinary learning, pioneered at Stanford. SLS faculty stay close to the pulse of law as it is practiced in the 21st century and guide our academic program to address emerging opportunities in the profession. With alumni and students as partners, they champion law as an instrument of positive change on scales local, regional, national and global.
Stanford Law School is currently seeking an inaugural Pipeline Project Manager for our recently announced national residential pipeline project to launch in Summer 2019. This is a one-year, fixed term position. This project will target promising college students who might not otherwise apply to Stanford. This position provides an individual with an exciting opportunity to serve as a key member of the Law School Admissions Office as s/he will be the lead in working with this project. The Manager will report to the Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid and will work closely with the Associate Dean on all aspects of the project. A successful candidate in this role will have two primary focus areas - design/implementation and ongoing maintenance - based on guidelines set forth by the Working Group on Diversity and Inclusion and the Associate Dean.
Design and Implementation:
- Research and evaluate partnering opportunities with external organizations (e.g. Law School Admission Council, pre-law advisors at colleges and universities, college-prep programs); assist in negotiation of partnership terms
- Research and identify funding/sponsorship opportunities (local law firms, LSAC, etc.)
- Design and manage application process
- Create marketing and outreach plans
- Assist in designing of program curriculum involving appropriate faculty; organizing and identifying appropriate staff for all professional development sessions
- Create social events for duration of program
- On-the-ground running of 2-week residential program each August
- Research test preparation companies or similar organizations to sponsor/subsidize an LSAT prep course for participants
- Assist in designing and implementation of program evaluation metrics, draft reports on findings
- Strategize on long-term development of the program (e.g. increase in programs per summer)
- Refine program curriculum as needed
- Assist/guide program alumni through the law school application process once they are at the applicant stage
- Continue funding/sponsorship efforts
- Continue project evaluation, participant registration, financial tracking processes
- A Bachelor's degree (required) or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Strong commitment to diversity/inclusion
- Experience in creating programs in an academic environment (preferably in a law school)
- Proven ability to engage in collaborative work across a variety of offices and program areas
- Facility with interpreting data
- Clear and precise written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
We invite you to apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Location: School of Law, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency