Associate Director Residential Marketing and Summer Conferences
The Associate Director Residential Marketing and Summer Conferences is a member of the residence life senior leadership team with responsibility for strategic planning, brand management, marketing and communications plan development, customer service, community relations and overseeing summer camp and conference operations for groups utilizing residential facilities. This position also oversees recruitment efforts of prospective residents, including travel to admissions events or local schools, short stay guests, conference guests, retention initiatives of current residents, department assessment. This position serves as the liaison with Marketing, Alumni, Admissions, Orientation as well as various units within the Division of Student Affairs and surrounding high schools and community organizations. The Associate Director Residential Marketing and Summer Conferences assists with housing functions such as the University Housing Application Portal, system room review and room setup. This position serves in the secondary on-call rotation. The Associate Director Residential Marketing and Summer Conferences serves in the place of the Director for Housing Services when they are unavailable.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications/Public Relations, or related field required. Master's Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Strong writing, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
- This position requires an organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented person with initiative and the ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), and database experience, including a housing management system and Banner
- Residence life and/or campus housing experience
- Two (2) years of professional writing experience with a preferred focus in writing web and social media content as well as graphic design within a business or academic environment.
- Positions, which provide work direction to this position, include the Associate VP for Student Services/Director of Residence Life, Director for Housing Services.
- Positions which report directly to this position: Student Marketing Assistant and Graduate Assistants.
- Other positions, which receive work direction from this position include, Hall Directors, Graduate Assistants, Area Coordinators, Housing Manager, Secretary II, and student staff within the Office of Residence Life.