Assistant or Associate Professor
Position: Assistant or Associate Professor
Closing Date: __________________________
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Faculty
* A doctorate in Accounting is preferred.
* Those who are ABD or with master’s degrees, CPA/CMA or equivalent significant corporate experience will be considered. * We seek candidates that support our mission (http://about.byuh.edu/mission) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
* As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
* Teach approximately 33 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas:
Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and/or Accounting Information Systems.
* BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching. The individual should be fully committed to student learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework) and may also be asked to help develop and/or teach online courses.
* The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church in the Asia-Pacific area and throughout the world.
* This Visiting Faculty position is for a 1-year contract for the 2019-2020 academic year. This position is a Visiting Faculty position and is not intended to transition to a full-time, permanent faculty position.
* Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Procedures: Please complete and submit the following by mail, fax, or email.
1. Online Application Form.
2. A letter of application and current vitae.
3. Three references including names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Letters of recommendation will be requested from finalists. Letter writers must send their letters directly to [email protected]
4. Employment confidential report form (https://hr.byuh.edu/sites/hr.byuh.edu/files/Ecclesiastical%20Endorse
ment_0.pdf). These forms should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader or applicant (if non-LDS) to [email protected] or the address listed below.
5. Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received.
6. Optional - A link to a 10 minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
Starting Date: September 2019
*Incomplete applications will not be considered*
Contact: David Bybee
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Fax: (808) 675-3329
Email: [email protected]