Director of Partnerships
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
The Director of Partnerships oversees events on campus and works on strategy and vendor relations and assesses and establishes value-add partnerships with relevant organizations primarily in the Culinary and Hospitality fields. This position has oversight of who the college partners with locally and works in concert with other departments to establish cross-functional, national and global partners. This position reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and directly manages the Assistant Director of Events.
• Maintain and support partnership and sanctioned guidelines for NLU through opportunity assessment and collaboration with appropriate departments.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key outside organizations to maintain and strengthen NLU brand (organizations include but not limited to James Beard Foundation, National Restaurant Association Show Office, Illinois Restaurant Association, etc.)
• Continuously review current partnerships against value guidelines to ensure positive impact on students, faculty and financial performance (i.e. scholarship award assessment, educational partners, sanctioned events, etc.)
• Develops and deploys marketing strategies in coordination with Marketing and Communications aimed at local and regional industry, business, and civic partners to promote NLU’s goal of increasing work-based learning opportunities that are directly tied to NLU’s academic programs.
• Maintain database of current and potential partners. Act as a clearinghouse to ensure efforts are not duplicated through collaboration across the university.
• Coordinates work efforts with key stakeholders to proactively identify local and regional opportunities for creating partnerships.
• Meets with prospective partners to promote and discuss the workforce development rewards of partnering with NLU in creating apprenticeship and work-based learning programs.
• Coordinates with key stakeholders to formalize partnerships, ensuring NLU’s curriculum meets the job needs of employers and that students are provided with tangible paid work experiences tied to their academic field of study and career interests.
• Master’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Higher Education, or a closely related field
• Strong Written and verbal communication skills
• 5 years of experience in academic/business/industry management
• Demonstrated experience establishing partnerships with business and civic organizations and higher education institutions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated experience in event planning
• Manages each stage of a project to ensure that commitments are met despite multiple competing priorities and timelines including management of people and resources.