Administrative Assistant VI
Administrative Assistant VI
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Serve as a member of the Operations Team charged with ensuring efficient functioning of cross-cutting services and resources of the CDC. Provide superior customer service for all constituents of the Career Development Center (CDC) including students, employers, alumni, faculty, parents and staff. Serve as receptionist and main point of contact for incoming calls, e-mails, and visitors. Triage inquiries in a professional manner using problem solving abilities and available resources to respond, or, refer selected higher level questions as appropriate. Exercise ownership for the “front of the house” ensuring the CDC maintains a welcoming, professional environment for all constituents.
- Provide customers with positive, helpful information on CDC programs and services, direct them to the appropriate resources based on their needs and interests.
- Serve as gatekeeper and troubleshooter between customers and CDC staff using critical listening skills to ensure accuracy of information, updating the appropriate staff, and responding to clients.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse population in a professional manner using tact, confidence, patience and courtesy.
- Assist users of our online recruitment management system and utilize the platform to answer a wide array of questions related to student and employer activity.
- Consult with key staff to develop, implement and evaluate CDC policies and procedures to continually improve the office's interaction with all constituents.
- Support marketing and promotion efforts of the CDC through print, e-mail, digital display, and online mediums, in addition to related tasks.
- Regularly check CDC e-mail account, reply to inquiries, forward those needing follow-up to the appropriate staff, identify trends in inquiries, draft and send both form responses and customized replies.
- Support data collection processes including usage of CDC services and student outcomes while ensuring information is up-to-date, accurately maintained in the system, and generate reports and status trackers as needed.
- Greet visitors at the CDC including students, employers, alumni, faculty, staff and others, notify staff when clients have arrived for appointments, ensure student clients sign/swipe in to tracking system.
- Answer phones and route/record calls accurately, answer customer questions in a prompt, accurate and professional manner.
- Oversee office voice mail greetings and signage during times of office and division meetings, holiday closings, and summer hours to ensure customers are notified of changes.
- Ensure office opening and closing procedures are followed on a daily basis.
- Assist with administrative tasks and material preparation as needed for events including career fairs, workshops, other student events, and employer activity on campus.
- Produce and distribute meeting notes for CDC staff meetings.
- Supervise front desk student workers by managing their task assignments, creating term schedules, participating in hiring process, and managing payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-4 years of office experience demonstrating a thorough knowledge and proven efficiency with office practices and procedures. Experience in the areas of reception and/or customer service required.
- Working knowledge of all applications within Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and proven ability of telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work well under pressure handling multiple telephone calls and or visitors on a daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks while performing reception duties in a fast-paced office with attention to detail and follow through.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be forward thinking to anticipate gaps and needs of the office to maintain high functioning operations and customer service.
- Physical requirements are within the normal range of an office environment, but may include occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 20 pounds.
- Hours of work: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday Friday; additional overtime hours may be required for special events.
- A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-VI_R0000178
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency