Clinical Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling
The Department of Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology (CSEP) in the Graduate School of Education at the University at Buffalo (UB), State University of New York (SUNY) invites applications for a position as an Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling to begin August 2019. The University at Buffalo is New York State's largest and most comprehensive public university. A premier center for graduate and professional education, UB is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, placing it among the leading research-intensive public universities in the United States with faculty acknowledge in the U. S. and abroad as leaders in their respective fields
We seek candidates to teach four courses per semester in the Rehabilitation Counseling Masters programs, in both the on-campus and online versions. The successful candidate will contribute to the mission of the program and will be responsible for advising students, reviewing portfolios and Applications To Candidacy, attend program and department faculty meetings, participate in the admissions process, and participate in maintaining program accreditation. The position may include Program Director responsibilities for qualified applicants.
- An earned doctorate in Rehabilitation Counseling or closely related field
- Hold or be eligible to hold the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (C.R.C.) credential
- Experience in the rehabilitation counseling field and a track record of university teaching and student supervision
- Strong potential for seeking and attracting external funding
- Interests and experience in program administration
- Earned a degree from a CORE or CACREP accredited program
- Experience conducting and publishing research
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse student population
Applications received by January 15, 2019, are assured full consideration. We will continue to accept and screen applications until the position is filled. A complete application includes:
- A cover letter that includes: (a.) relevant qualifications for the position, (b.) teaching interests, (c.) and a description of work in previous positions to promote social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion and how the candidate will contribute to this mission at the Rehabilitation Counseling Program.
- A curriculumvitae
To review the complete position posting and to apply, please visit:
For general help or questions about submissions
Contact Name: Jennifer Rosseland-Bates
Title: Assistant to the Chair
Email: [email protected]
For questions about the Assistant Professor position
Contact Name: Dr. Timothy Janikowski
Title: Associate Professor and Search Chair
Email: [email protected]
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).