Executive Director II - Institutional Effectiveness
LOCATION: Signal Peak Campus – Coolidge, Arizona
JOB SUMMARY: Provide leadership, direction, and coordination for data-based research including extensive knowledge of data systems, data collection and curation, data analytics to support institutional evaluation, planning and effectiveness, compliance reporting, college master planning and other planning processes, and for processes including accreditation and the college's knowledge management systems. Serve all students as a TRUE Learning Community by promoting student success through student learning, student development, and student retention.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
- Manage all computerized college district and external entity data requests, research, survey, data collection, and related needs. Provide relevant, timely, and accurate institutional information and analysis to college administrators and the college community at large, the external community and external agencies; provide institution-wide support for obtaining data and information and performing analyses in response to specific needs. Work cooperatively with various college constituencies to optimize the quality, availability, and flow of relevant data and information throughout the college; provide leadership in the development and maintenance of accessible, relational databases, which can be used at college-wide levels. Direct or perform analysis and preparation of resulting reports for surveys conducted. Direct and coordinate institutional research information exchanges with other institutions.
- Direct planning, assessment and research-related activities. Oversee the development and maintenance of up-to-date information databases to support college with demographic, enrollment, strategic planning, special programs, and institutional performance research process need and decisions.
- Conduct and update college environmental scanning and planning assumptions. Assist the institution in identifying and understanding emerging internal and external issues and significant environmental changes, constituting both opportunities and challenges to the college; supports and integrates college planning efforts at all levels with institutional research, policy analysis and outcomes assessment.
- Provide leadership for ongoing research updates and assistance involving accreditation reports, which includes the integration of institutional planning efforts and accreditation processes. Assist district vice president of academics/instruction with institution-wide program of self-assessment involving program review and outcomes assessment. Recommend and monitor methods to measure institutional effectiveness in achieving goals and objectives.
- Develop data marts using information from the college enterprise resource planning applications, external databases, and various other data sources in decision-making, research, planning, development, institutional effectiveness, and accountability. Work cooperatively with various college constituencies to optimize the quality, availability, and flow of relevant data and information throughout the college; provide leadership in the development and maintenance of accessible, relational databases, which can be used at college-wide levels. Ensure integration of research outcomes and knowledge management systems in planning and decision-making.
- Oversee related areas, including Grants and Accreditation, Curriculum and Assessment, and subordinate positions within Institutional Effectiveness and Research office.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years applicable experience at a senior level in business intelligence/data analysis, institutional strategic planning, data-driven decision-making, database management, grant writing or management, governmental reporting, quality improvement, institutional research, or related field experience in higher education or not-for-profit organizations.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of research design methodology (Qualitative and Quantitate Research methods).
- Skills in statistical analysis and evaluation.
- Ability to generate useful reports for operational and strategic decision-making, as well as ability to understand and analyze reports.
- Ability to work with ERP and relational databases.
- Familiarity with SPSS or related software, and data analytics.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local policies, which affect Central Arizona College programs.
- Knowledge of design, analysis, reporting, and implementation of higher education or governmental research; information technology; development and support of administrative planning; knowledge management concepts; study and report design; preparation and presentation of reports.
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and skill in developing alternative solutions and taking action to correct situation.
- Ability to utilize knowledge management tools including data warehouses, data mining, economic modeling and portals effectively
- Ability to administer surveys in wide variety of collection formats.
- Skill in using tools necessary for research, SPSS, BANNER, EXCEL, SQL, ACCESS, PL/SQL and Perseus Survey Solution, IPEDS Peer Analysis and Community College Strategic Planner.
SALARY: Entry salary is $82,995.00
DEADLINE: All application materials must be received in Talent Development by 6:00 p.m., Thursday, January 31, 2019.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work.
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs. Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process. The level the background verification for this position is: Executive level.
The Talent Development Department is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College prohibits discrimination in employment and educational programs based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.