Financial Aid Compliance Manager
Position Title Enrollment Management – Financial Aid Compliance Manager Position Number 10049328 Job Description Summary
The primary responsibilities of this position involve accomplishing administrative tasks to ensure compliance with federal financial aid laws and regulations including: returning federal funds of withdrawn students; reconciling accounts and awards; reviewing quality control reports; making financial aid awards and notifying students; verifying accuracy of applicant data; and advising members of the East Georgia State College community about financial aid rules and policies.
• Utilize quality control reports and random file reviews to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures. Account for proper expenditure of financial aid funds.
• Inform faculty, staff, financial aid office colleagues, and all other interested parties of laws, policies, and procedures relative to financial aid, when applicable.
• In accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies, determine student eligibility for federal, state, and college programs. Award financial aid funds to students.
• Make the director aware of any issues that may compromise compliance with laws, regulations, and policies
• Closely monitor information and documentation in applicants’ files to ensure policies, procedures, and governmental regulations are observed.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal regulations. Assist the director in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to comply with changes in governmental laws and regulations.
• Participate in the preparation of reports required by federal and state financial aid agencies.
• Assist the AD of Financial aid with ensuring program integrity by reviewing and revising, as needed, verification of applicant information and staff verification procedures.
• Serve as an office resource person on need analysis and verification (demonstrate expertise in complicated tax returns, non-traditional family relationships, hidden income and assets, etc.).
• Reconcile federal and state programs with regulatory guidelines.
• Act as a referral from financial aid staff and others regarding development of solutions to difficult student concerns where precedent may not exist. Participate in federal, state, and accreditation audit visits and assist with any corrective actions.
• Identify areas to be examined based on prior audit reports, state and federal laws and other related issues.
• Exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying policies and procedures to ensure consideration of each applicant’s special circumstances.
• Assist with monitoring satisfactory academic progress (SAP) of financial aid recipients. Participate on the SAP Appeals Committee.
• Foster high morale within the financial aid office to assure staff job satisfaction and cohesiveness of effort in meetings.
• Train and provide leadership and technical expertise to staff to assure that accurate, relevant information is communicated.
• Conduct periodic review of financial aid accounts and procedures to ensure program integrity.
Knowledge Required by the Position
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to student financial aid.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Knowledge of program eligibility requirements.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in the supervision of personnel.
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
Enrollment Management Director of Financial Aid assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews completed work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities for compliance.
Guidelines include the East Georgia State College Employee Handbook, state and federal regulations, the Higher Education Opportunity Act, The Official Code of Georgia, and Board of Regents policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
Complexity/Scope of Work
•The work consists of varied management and supervisory duties. Frequent regulation changes the diverse backgrounds and situation presented by applicants contribute to the complexity of the position.
•The purpose of this position is to assist in managing compliance of Title IV regulation in the college’s Financial Aid Office as pertains to processes, awarding and disbursing aid. Success in this position ensures that federal, state and institutional aid is awarded correctly and efficiently.
•Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, parents, high school counselors, and members of the general public.
•Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons
•The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects.
•The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
This position has direct supervision over scanning and indexing and federal work study students.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one year of experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Experience using Ellucian Banner is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications Requested Updates/Changes to Position Description
Directly supervises scanning and indexing and federal work study students.
Posting Detail Information AA/EEO Statement
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia
East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Date 12/20/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Background Check
An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), physical and drug screening.