Waste and Recycling Service Worker
Set-up, monitor, service and empty exterior solid waste/trash and recycling containers on campus to provide a clean, safe, healthy environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand English to effectively communicate and understand others, and to follow oral and written instructions.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills. Must be able to respond to, create and send emails.
• Ability to work cooperatively with students and staff and to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, and to follow written and oral instructions.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to use hand tools for light maintenance.
• Previous waste and/or recycling experience.
• Knowledge of and skill in using the proper techniques to lift heavy or bulky items.
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.