PostDoctoral Associate in BioDesign and Genome Engineering
Areas of Intereset: Research
Functional Areas: Research & Innovation Office
Department: Renewable Energy Initiative
Requisition Number: 13333
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
The Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute (RASEI), a partnership between the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the University of Colorado at Boulder, has openings to work on multi-institutional projects to develop genome engineering technology for a variety of applications, including the improved production of fuels and chemicals from renewable feedstocks. These tools will accelerate the Design-Build-Test-Learn cycle in model and non-model organisms with innate capacities for feedstock utilization and target chemical production.
Who We Are
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute (RASEI) is a joint institute between the University of Colorado Boulder and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) addressing important, complex problems in energy that require a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional approach. Its mission is to expedite solutions that transform energy by advancing renewable energy science, engineering, and analysis through research, education, and industry partnerships.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Work in close collaboration with a multi-institution team to optimize genetic manipulation via next generation tools including CRISPR/Cas to improve transformation and genome editing efficiencies and enable high throughput screening/selection of targeted library variants with desired phenotypes in non-model bacteria and/or yeast.
- Integrate with expert collaborators in transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and metabolic modeling at partner institutions to design experiments and analyze data.
- Write and communicate experimental results to the team and the scientific community.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Game-Changing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Chemical/Biological Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience engineering model and/or non-model microbial systems, especially with CRISPR/Cas.
- Demonstrated ability to design, deploy, and maintain database-backed web-based platforms for design of biological systems.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Degree: The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree.
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (Not Confidential)
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Posting Contact Name: Carrie Eckert
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer