Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
NATURE OF WORK
Department of Psychiatry, Professional Research Assistant in the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division.
This is a full-time Professional Research Assistant position is with the Department of Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division. This position will serve as the Project Coordinator for a research study providing professional oversight for all operational and logistical components. This position will interact regularly with local staff to ensure timely and appropriate implementation of project tasks, will address all regulatory requirements, and will coordinate progress reports and other project dissemination efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This PRA will assist principal investigator (PI) Joel Stoddard, MD with his pediatric neuroimaging research over the next two years.
Duties supporting Dr. Stoddard include, but are not limited to:
- Manage study participants and coordinate lab personnel
- Collaborate with clinical and research staff to ensure tests and procedures required by protocols are scheduled and performed correctly.
- Recruit and interview prospective participants. Familiarize potential participants with the details of the study through phone contacts, personal interviews, and informed consent.
- Manage participants in research, coordinating all aspects of research requirements and physician support.
- Coordinate lab meetings and provide scheduling support
- Support Regulatory Compliance
- Support application submissions to regulatory agencies, including IRB, Research Institute and Federal Agency
- Assure compliance with protocol details, complete necessary records, and accurately transfer source documentation into study databases. Maintain participant files and ensure compliance for records required for each study.
- Recognize adverse and serious adverse events and provide prompt notification to the appropriate parties.
- Prepare documentation for monitoring visits and audits.
- Manage regulatory binders and ensure proper documentation are filed appropriately.
- Support outreach efforts, e.g. online presence
- Support management of budget and finances
- Data entry and management including the use of the electronic database systems REDCap
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of research standards set forth by the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), University of Colorado Hospital, University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and other pertinent regulatory agencies
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and Human Subject Protection.
- Understanding of clinical research Standard Operating Procedures, Institutional Review Board requirements, study budgets, record keeping requirements, and medical records.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Psychology, Neuroscience, Biology, or a related field and 6 months experience in clinical research
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, and computers
- Experience with database software
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Thorough understanding of HIPAA and human subject's protection regulations
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice guidelines and FDA regulations
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Current HIPAA and human subject's protection certification
- Experience preparing and submitting studies to COMIRB (through InfoEd)
- Experience with any command line programming, such as Linux shell scripting, Python, or R.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically at https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers.com. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:When applying online for this position, applicants must include: 1) A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2) A current CV/resume 3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Christine Hodges, [email protected]
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20281 - SOM-PSYCH-Child SP/G
Posting Date: Dec 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christine Hodges
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00703740