Administrative Assistant II
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for an Administrative Assistant II. This is a 40 hour per week position that is responsible for assisting the HR Coordinator with human resources work functions in the college and assisting with various financial duties as needed.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Creates new and revised lecturer contracts, working with the departments on content, getting signatures on the letter of offer, tracking in the contract spreadsheets and submitting to the HR Coordinator to enter for pay. Assures all needed new hire paperwork is received and ongoing licensure is maintained. Revises spreadsheet templates at the beginning of each academic year for department entries.
- Works with faculty and staff on the hiring of new student employees, seeing that all needed forms are completed and maintained in their files, working directly with the hiring supervisor and the Student Employment Office on student employee hire processes. Processes student employee terminations.
- Assists the HR Coordinator with search committee support duties and processes including dispositioning candidates in the CU Careers system and facilitating the on-site interview process for faculty and staff hires.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of the College, UCCS and CU HR policies and procedures, staying abreast of developments and changes to College, CU, UCCS, and general HR policies and procedures.
- Orders and distributes keys for the College, maintaining a log of distribution of keys among faculty, staff, and students.
- Completes the yearly review of FTE's in the clinical setting for the Self-Insurance Trust Fund actuarial review.
- Fills requests for confirmation of medical malpractice coverage of College employees for the CU Self-Insurance and Risk Management office.
- Maintains and updates the faculty and staff handbooks, working with the Faculty Affairs Council on any major changes required.
- Maintains College faculty and staff contact list and email list, updating as needed.
- Assists the financial administrator with various duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work independently with attention to details. Advanced interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple concurrent processes. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion. Able to represent the College in a professional manner.
This position has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Salary Range: $36,000.00 - $42,000.00
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigation include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree OR four years administrative support experience in a professional office setting
- Intermediate level with Word and Excel
- Minimum of 2 years' of customer service experience
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Knowledge of basic human resources methods, skills, and practices
- Knowledge of basic financial methods, skills, and practices
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 11/9/18 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts may be required upon hire.
If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or c[email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. When applying, applicants must include: cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and qualifications and current resume.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40086 - Beth-El Admin
Posting Date: Oct 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Karen Short
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755889