Survey Research Coordinator
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health - Dept. Community & Behavioral Health
Survey Research Coordinator
Position #: 757355 Requisition #: 15398
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education and research facility serving more than 5,000 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges, and receives over $400 million in research grants each year. We award nearly 4,000 degrees annually, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care.
The Colorado School of Public Health, Department of Community and Behavioral Health - The Healthy Kids Colorado Survey & Smart Source is seeking a full-time university staff(non-classified) Survey Research Coordinator.
The Colorado School of Public Health administers both the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey (HKCS) and Smart Source. The HKCS is an anonymous and voluntary youth survey serving as Colorado's only representative data on health behaviors, social-emotional indicators, and protective factors and is only administered to middle and high school students. Smart Source is an inventory of school health best practices, completed by school staff for both elementary and secondary schools.
Examples of Work:
The Survey Research Coordinator will work with HKCS/Smart Source team members and assist with all aspects of survey administration including
- preparing survey materials
- data entry and quality assurance of data
- working closely with the community and school specialists to ensure timely and correct administration and return of surveys as scheduled
- preparing and scanning surveys; and data preparation.
The salary range for this position is $42,266 - $45,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
* Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
* Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, finance, accounting, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must possess and maintain current valid driver's license, reliable transportation, satisfactory driving record, and personal automobile insurance. (State mileage reimbursement is available).
- Must be willing and able to drive own vehicle for work as needed (state mileage reimbursement available.)
- A Master's degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- At least one year of experience with research and data collection
- At least one year of experience following research study processes and protocols
- Literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, database software programs, and ability to learn specialized software as needed
- Experience with survey research and research protocols.
- Experience with data analysis, quantitative analysis and research methods
- Experience with database and database software such as SQL
- Experience with survey software such as REDCap or Qualtrics
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and complete tasks on deadline
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Whitney Israel at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 1/4/19. Those who do not apply by 1/4/19 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21424 - CSPH-CBH General Ops
Posting Date: Dec 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Whitney Israel
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00757355