RESEARCH PROGRAM LEADER, SR - Pathology
RESEARCH PROGRAM LEADER, SR - Pathology
The successful candidate for this position will provide Research and Clinical administrative leadership to the Duke Molecular Tumor Board as part of the Duke Personalized Cancer Medicine Initiative. Utilizing their education and experience in clinical medicine and/or clinical research, this person will design, implement, and maintain the educational and clinical agendas for regular Molecular Tumor Board conferences within the Duke Cancer Institute (DCI). Such agendas will be based on an understanding of the field of cancer medicine, the therapeutic options available to cancer patients, and the clinical trial portfolio of multiple disease-based groups within the DCI. The candidate will also assist with the development, implementation, and oversight of a clinical data repository that will support the Molecular Tumor Board efforts. The candidate will represent the interests of the Duke Personalized Cancer Medicine Initiative inside and outside of Duke.
1. 15% Facilitate oncologic patient care. Work with Faculty Leads to design, implement, and maintain a useful patient-care agenda for Molecular Tumor Board meetings. This will involve familiarity with multiple cancer types, biomarkers, somatic genetic abnormalities, hereditary cancer predisposition syndromes, diagnostic modalities available through Pathology and Clinical Laboratories and treatment options for late-stage cancer. Design and maintain appropriate documentation systems for decisions made at Molecular Tumor Board.
2. 10% Facilitate education. Through excellent and organized communications, design and maintain the Molecular Tumor Board speakers, schedule and invitation list. Coordinate Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Education credits for Molecular Tumor Board attendance as appropriate.
3. 35% Facilitate clinical cancer research. Liaise with multiple Disease Working Groups of the Duke Cancer Institute to acquire and maintain an inventory of their clinical trial portfolios and incorporate their needs into the Molecular Tumor Board. As necessary, work with Duke Cancer Institute Informatics Leaders to explore and implement internal and vended software solutions in support of Molecular Tumor Board and Clinical Trials Matching.
4. 10% Facilitate translational cancer research. Work with other Precision Cancer Medicine Initiative (PCMI) leaders to oversee and advise on data sources for the Clinical Data Repository that has been established for PCMI. Establish SOPs for data retrieval as necessary to ensure regulatory compliance and train other clinical researchers and their staff in the performance of these SOPs. Provide regulatory support for overarching (non-disease-based) research protocols of the Duke Cancer Institute such as national data-sharing initiatives. Oversee the preparation of organized clinical synopses to accompany genomic data sharing for research.
5. 15% Represent the Duke Cancer Institute Personalized Cancer Medicine Initiative to various groups inside and outside of Duke as requested and required. Liaise with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations including national data-sharing initiative groups to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and resources are utilized. Establish collaborations within and outside the unit or department that enhance the successful research program environment. Build relationships with potential research collaborators throughout NC and the US to establish partnerships.
6. 10% Create and oversee metrics of success in attaining the short and long-term goals of the Molecular Tumor Board (which include patient care, education, clinical cancer research and translational cancer research). Attend meetings of various stakeholder groups including Duke Cancer Institute Disease Working Group protocol meetings, BioRepository & Precision Pathology Center meetings, Precision Cancer Medicine Initiative meetings, Molecular Tumor Board Steering Committee Meetings and Clinical Data Repository meetings and provide assistance as necessary to achieve this objective.
7. 5% Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires one of the following:
1.Completion of a bachelor's degree plus, a minimum of eight years of research experience
2.Completion of a master's degree, plus a minimum of six years of research experience
3. Completion of a doctoral degree, plus a minimum of four years of research experience
Excellent communication skills are required. The ability to leverage computing software and web-based applications (e.g., Microsoft Office products and the electronic medical record) is also required. It is expected that the applicant can also become (with training) adept at necessary information from other databases or software.
1281 RESEARCH PROGRAM LEADER, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires one of the following:1.Completion of a bachelor's degree plus, a minimum of eight years of research experience 2.Completion of a master's degree, plus a minimum of six years of research experience 3.Completion of a doctoral degree, plus a minimum of four years of research experience
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.