Executive Director of Institutional Research & Assessment
Posting DetailsPosition Information Min Salary Compensation is based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. Working Title Executive Director of Institutional Research & Assessment Campus Location Greeley FLSA Exempt Position Type Executive Administrator Posting Text Posting Number 201500592P Job Summary
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Executive Director of Institutional Research & Assessment, reporting to the Executive Vice President, provides leading and monitoring of all institutional quality, effectiveness, compliance, grants and operational assessment activities including predictive/actionable analytics and data management for the College. This includes but is not limited to leading the Institutional Research & Assessment department, overseeing auditing and repairing of data, actionable items related to operating data analytics, providing guidance on operational assessment, supporting College-wide research for national and state reporting, data governance, support instructional accreditation process and College-wide strategic planning efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist colleagues in defining the question they are trying to answer and then assisting in interpreting results.
2. Assess, develop and create policies and procedures for Institutional Research & Assessment Department, Institutional Research, accreditation, and grants.
3. Plan, schedule, budget and create activities related to Institutional Research & Assessment, accreditation, and grants.
4. Develop and monitor budgets and expenditures for areas of responsibility.
5. Measure performance of Institutional Research & Assessment, accreditation, and grants.
6. Oversee the development of a method to democratize data, providing annual program data to faculty, department leaders, and the Cabinet, to address enrollment and retention of students, and to draw conclusions and/or make recommendations for process improvement along with identifying program irregularities.
7. Interface with faculty, staff, and administration across the College to organize institutional planning and research support for student success initiatives.
8. Devise innovative strategies, policies, and/or programs for goal attainment and process improvements to reach established academic and educational objectives and institutional goals within oversight areas.
9. Lead the regular assessment of strategic initiatives to address and anticipate changes in strategic plans, performance plans, economic forecasts, occupational outlook, and/or student needs.
10. Coordinate with Cabinet members and/or designee on the regular assessment and strategic initiatives to address and anticipate changes in strategic plans, performance plans, economic forecasts, occupational outlook, and/or student needs.
11. Serve as Institutional Review Board (IRB) chair.
College Accreditation, Compliance and Operational Assessment Activities:
1. Assist college with accreditation activities
2. Annual assessment reporting to document college progress, institutional effectiveness and academic assessment and chronicles the programming improvements that results.
3. Ensures college compliance of state and federal accountability requirements.
4. Undertake a variety of research studies and projects in support of the institution’s ongoing strategic planning efforts.
Data Analysis and Environmental scanning:
1. Assist the institution in identifying and understanding emerging trends, strategies and the significance of environmental changes to support college planning and development efforts.
2. Evaluate/interpret data and communicate findings/recommendations to the college leadership, and other College-wide users/consumers.
3. Recommend key performance indicators along with leading and lagging indicators.
4. Oversee the development of a dashboard and reporting mechanisms to communicate progress towards goals, KPIs, leading and lagging indicators, and regular program/department data.
5. Support the on-going development and implementation of College-wide program review, predictive analytics, course scheduling, and other academic support software systems.
6. Apply advanced knowledge of institutional research methodologies and software systems in conducting complex research studies, extracting and programming data from student and other informational systems.
7. Responsible for monitoring institutional effectiveness and improvement including regional and professional accreditation; program reviews; learning outcomes assessments; and student satisfactory surveys.
8. Responsible for data analysis including systemic analysis of data to support decision-making and the preparation of standard reports.
Grants: Oversee research for grants, program development and other college projects.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Statistics, Research Methodology, Educational Leadership with a quantitative area of study, economics, business, social sciences, or related program area, plus three (3) years of experience in testing/ assessment, evaluation methodology, or institutional/organizational effectiveness activities.
Understanding and experience in both auditing/reporting data and actionable/operating data analytics. Working knowledge of various office software packages including extensive skill using the Microsoft Office Application Suite. Working knowledge of statistical analysis programs such as SAS, SPSS, or equivalent. Demonstrated abilities in analytical, written communication, and oral communication skills. Experience in management and supervision of employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1.Working knowledge of various office software packages including extensive skill using the Microsoft Office Application Suite.
2.Working knowledge of statistical analysis programs such as SAS, SPSS, or equivalent.
3.Demonstrated abilities in analytical, written communication, and oral communication skills.
Predictive analytics experience; use of key performance indicators and dashboards; operational assessment; accreditation knowledge and experience; and assessment of learning. Banner, PeopleSoft, or other enterprise software experience. Experience working in a higher education setting.Work Hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with an occasional evening Posting Date 09/21/2018 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
For best consideration, apply by January 30, 2019
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.Employment Requirements
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the “Work Experience” section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document