The primary responsibilities for this position include: cleaning equipment; assisting with regional blocks; setting up infusion, transducers, BAIN Circuit, and attaching noninvasive monitoring devices; assisting with blood specimen and delivery of lab specimens; and maintaining sterility.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 25-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Monday through Friday day shift (7:00am-3:30pm) with some holiday and on-call requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills: teamwork; ability to learn quickly; competence in aseptic techniques for blood collection; ability to work independently and remain calm in intense work atmosphere.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience in maintenance and repair of anesthesia equipment required. Knowledge of aseptic technique.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have paid direct patient care work experience?
- * How many years paid experience do you have as an Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Assistant?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you currently CPR certified?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter