Emergency Transport Comm Tech/UKHC
Primary duties are obtaining reliable information and coordinating air and ground transports. This position serves as an Emergency Communications Technician for the UK HealthCare Enterprise taking emergency medical reports, air traffic control operations, and plays an important role in trauma, stroke, and cardiac cath lab activations. Along with those duties, this position also serves as an EMT for the adult and neonatal/pediatric transport teams traveling through Kentucky and surrounding states to pick up ill or injured patients. Secondary duties include helipad safety operations, escorting EMS crews to various units within the hospital, offloading aircraft, and public relation events.
Emergency Transport Comm Tech/UKHC
Emergency Transport Comm Tech
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT)
Ability to regularly lift, push, and/or pull items weighing greater than 100 lbs. and the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work 12-hour day, evening, night, and/or weekend shifts per departmental needs.
Clear and articulate verbal communication skills, basic medical terminology, and basic computer skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
At least two years of experience in a high-volume EMS call setting or emergency dispatch environment, and experience in air traffic control operations within a large healthcare organization preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current Kentucky EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter