The Saha Cardiovascular Research Center is seeking a Scientist I to work within a new research group studying metabolism and cardiovascular disease. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a passion for exciting research.
Responsibilities will include contributing to general laboratory upkeep and organization, performance of in vitro and in vivo experiments, and assistance with mouse colony maintenance. Daily work activities will involve scientific experimentation, project development, and writing of scientific papers.
Experience with any of the following techniques is preferred: cell culture, confocal microscopy, western blotting, PCR, and mouse work. However, a candidate lacking experience but possessing a positive attitude and a strong ability to learn new research techniques will be seriously considered.
7H051:CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH CENTER
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Required routine handling of light-weight objects up to 10 pounds, or some standing or walking for extended periods.
Normal shift is 8 hours during weekdays, but some evening or weekend periods may be necessary.
Basic lab skills, (e.g., pipetting, aseptic technique for cell culture); ability to follow detailed lab protocols; basic computer skills (e.g., MS windows, excel).
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
MA/MS degree in a related field (science preferred) and one or more years related experience preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your years of paid working experience performing laboratory research using biological techniques
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years up through 5 years
- More than 5 years up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- High School or GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Please indicate your amount of paid employment experience with the following tasks: cell culture, cell imaging, immunohistochemistry, and murine animal care.
- I do not have paid employment experience with any of these tasks.
- I have paid employment experience with 1 of the 4 tasks.
- I have paid employment experience with 2 of the 4 tasks.
- I have paid employment experience with 3 of the 4 tasks.
- I have paid employment experience with all 4 of these tasks.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter