Faculty (FY 2019-20) - Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
Faculty (FY 2019-20) - Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
Location: Nursing and Allied Health
Salary Range: Click to see the Pay Plan
Desired Start Date: 08/14/2019
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 3/4/2019
Job Description Summary:
The Nursing program prepares the graduate to provide patient-centered care, patient safety advocate, member of the profession and to be a member of the health care team for a limited number of patients in various health care settings.
South Texas College is a comprehensive institution, which places primary emphasis on excellence in classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their employment at the College.
- Mastery of Subject Matter:
- Demonstrates a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline
- Possesses appropriate educational/professional credentials to teach in field or discipline
- Attempts to connect subject matter with related fields
- Maintains currency in subject matter through professional development
- Teaching Performance:
- Plans and organizes instruction in ways which maximize student learning
- Effectively employs teaching and learning strategies that promote student engagement
- Modifies instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students needs
- Effectively employs available instructional technology when appropriate
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments
- Effectively communicates subject matter content to student
- Contributes to the selection and development of instructional materials
- Evaluation of Student Learning:
- Participates in the development, implementation, and assessment of departmental student learning outcomes
- Develops and uses evaluation methods, which fairly measures student progress toward outcomes
- Evaluates and expeditiously returns student work to promote maximum learning
- Maintains accurate records of student progress
- Submits final grade rosters and supporting documents according to established deadlines
- Support of College Policies and Procedures:
- Maintains familiarity with and adheres to College Policies and Procedures
- Fulfills requirements of instructors set forth in the letter of appointment
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure accessibility to students and colleagues
- Prepares, distributes, and submits syllabi and approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with program, division and College procedures
- Prepares and submits First Week Financial Aid Attendance Rosters, Census Rosters, and Learning
Outcome Data, by the respective deadlines each semester
- Assures confidentiality
- Participation in College, Division, and Program Activities:
- Serves on College, divisional, and program committees, teams, and task forces as assigned
- Attends meetings and events as required by College administration
- Participates in professional activities which contribute to the educational goals of the College and its constituents
- Responds in a timely fashion to information requests from College and division administrators and program chairs
- Fosters and maintains effective working relationships with students, colleagues, and supervisors
- Assists the chair in developing, reviewing, and revising curriculum
- Contribution to the Growth and Enhancement of College Mission and Programs:
- Participates in student advising
- Maintains familiarity with College goals, mission, and long-range plans
- Contributes to planning and development processes through appropriate channels
- Performs professional responsibilities in accordance with pertinent goals, mission, and plans of College, division, and program
- Facilitates recruitment and retention of students
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
Applicant must meet the STC credential requirements as published in Board Policy 4151: Academic and Professional Credentials of Faculty
- Master of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Clinical specialty document by education or experience in one or more of the following areas: Medical/Surgical, Psychiatric, Maternal-Child or Pediatric Nursing, required.
- Three years of full-time Registered Nursing experience and clinical expertise in subject area of teaching responsibility, preferred.
- Community college teaching experience in discipline, preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Texas license as a Registered Nurse (or Texas eligible), required.
- Security Sensitive Position. All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under STC policy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Resources, questions or requests for information regarding Title IX, including complaints of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual violence, or other sexual misconduct should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Title IX Coordinators as listed at
You may refer to Policy 4216 Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct at
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/11663
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency