Basic Education for Adults and Youthful Offender Program Faculty
Centralia College is seeking a Basic Education faculty member to instruct in the Corrections Education Division. Faculty members in this division teach at either the Garrett Heyns Education Center located in the Washington Corrections Center at Shelton, WA or at the Cedar Creek Corrections Center located west of Littlerock, WA. This position will include teaching in the Intensive Management Unit at GHEC. Multi-level, multi-subject courses are taught in the evenings.
- Instruct basic education, GED preparation, high school completion courses, and/or student success courses.
- Develop and/or update class syllabus
- Develop and teach to the objectives of the approved curriculum
- Teach effective study skills to students
- Identify individual learning needs of students and make appropriate adjustments to instruction
- Create and maintain an environment of rapport and respect
- Maintain up-to-date appropriate records which indicate student progress and attendance that meet college requirements
- Complete student intake and assure CASAS testing
- Complete mandatory CASAS trainings for assessment
- Participate in division meetings and committee assignments
- Will include teaching in the Intesntive Management Unit at GHEC
- Master's Degree Special Education, Mathematics, Reading, Science, or related field
- K-12 Special Education and English Language Learner Endorsements
- Ability to pass the Department of Corrections security clearance
- Three years' experience teaching special education, middle school or high school students
- Two years' proven experience working with Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience instructing adult learners
- Department of Corrections Correctional Worker training (CORE) certificate
- Three years' experience in a corrections setting
- Familiarity with the community college system
- Proven ability to work in a team setting