Development Specialist – Communications, FHSU Alumni Association (R-01398)
The Development Specialist – Communications will develop and release consistent, compelling messages for the FHSU Alumni Association for distribution through all possible channels, including the website, Facebook and other social media platforms, press releases, brochures, fliers and other publicity. This individual will also be responsible for the association’s online content management system including website design and maintenance, and producing print and electronic materials. Must be able initiate, prioritize, plan and execute duties/responsibilities independently with minimum supervision and ability to work effectively with individuals and/or groups of all ages. The selected individual must have experience producing engaging communications materials while adhering to organizational branding standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field
- One year of experience in social media and web content management
- Familiarity with writing/editing in AP style – excellent levels of concentration, accuracy and attention to detail
- A minimum of one year publication experience
- A minimum of one year of Web production experience
- Experience with HTML coding
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Above average communication (verbal and written) and creative skills
Appointment Date: January, 2019
Application Deadline: Priority deadline: January 10, 2019
Salary: Negotiable based upon education and experience
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
COMMUNICATIONS – 90%
- Manage and create web content for goforthaysstate.com via iModules content management system
- Manage and create online events, forms and invitation e-blasts from description/information pages, to registration forms, to email marketing plans, to report manipulation.
- Develop forms for both ecommerce and non-ecommerce related matters. Ability to develop purposeful and meaningful strategies to make the end-user's experience as easy as possible.
- Update and maintain website and social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), and develop other social media outlets
- Produce online FHSU-TigerTalk newsletter
- Compose press releases for alumni events, news and activities
- Design and prepare invitations, brochures and other publications to be printed and/or used on the website to reach internal and external alumni community
- Train and manage student workers assigned to Tiger Notes sections (Class Notes, Marriages, Births and Deaths)
- Write content and work within department to produce alumni-related content for ROAR Magazine, published 2 times a year by the Department of University Relations and Marketing
- Design and creation of video presentations for various event programs.
- Create and upload content for Alumni Association social media venues
- Photograph alumni events and activities as needed
- Assist with the coordination of special events, including Homecoming and Commencement activities
- In coordination with officer manager, facilitate the Homecoming awards forms submission process from nomination acceptance to nominee application and all correspondence in between
- All other duties assigned by the Executive and Assistant Alumni Directors
Application Process: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Charlene Nichols
Email: [email protected]
About the Department:
Established in 1916, the Fort Hays State University Alumni Association serves FHSU graduates by identifying needs and providing solutions. More than 69,000 graduates live throughout the United States and in 81 countries.
About Fort Hays State University:
Founded in 1902, FHSU is a leading, forward-thinking university of the Midwest, with student enrollment of more than 15,500 (including 4,500+ on the Hays campus, a unique China partnership program with enrollment of 4,000 students, and Virtual College enrollment at over 7,000). Over 400 faculty and more than 500 professional and staff support and guide degree and certificate programs for the associate’s, bachelor's, and master's programs, and for the Doctorate of Nursing Practice, representing 31 departments within these academic divisions:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- W.R. and Yvonne Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- College of Education
- College of Health and Behavioral Sciences
- Peter Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
- Graduate School
Fort Hays State University provides exceptional opportunities for students from Kansas, the region, and the world, and the University attracts goal-oriented students who want premier learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom combined with one-to-one attention and support. FHSU students graduate with the knowledge, professional skills, and confidence to have a competitive edge in their chosen careers. Upon graduation, 95% of FHSU students find a job or placement in graduate school.
About Hays, Kansas:
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.