Advancement Services Coordinator
Performs tasks related to data reporting/maintenance and database management.
Elmhurst College offers more than 60 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst College is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an EO Employer. Elmhurst College prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
1. Administers the Blackbaud Raisers Edge database, including permissions and training for user constituents.
2. Ensures systems and processes are aligned for accurate, consistent, and timely data reporting.
3. Authors and generates scheduled and ad hoc Campaign, Annual Fund, and fiscal year data reports for department and campus colleagues.
4. Works with the Office of Information Systems to confirm and initiate data administration best practices; ensures Blackbaud Raisers Edge compliance and collaboration with campus-wide data systems.
5. Regularly updates records; researches necessary additional data information and augments records as needed.
6. Serves as point of contact for all advancement constituent groups’ data information.
7. Assists with the coordination of annual giving appeals.
8. Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
9. Supports mission, vision, and values.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Experience with computer systems including Word, Access, Excel, and basic programming.
3. 1-2 years’ experience working in Raiser’s Edge.
4. High level of data management experience.
5. Ability to apply and leverage technology to build the capacity of an Institutional Advancement department
6. Ability to work collaboratively.
7. Strong critical thinking skills.
8. Excellent analytical, inquisitive, and communication skills, including strong written and verbal skills.
9. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest professional and ethical standards.
10. Strong affinity with and commitment to the mission of Elmhurst College.
11. Strong customer service orientation.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of sophisticated database program processing and administrative techniques.
13. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
1. Experience with Entrinsik Informer and Ellucian Colleague.
2. Knowledge of governmental and non-profit accounting procedures and applicable tax laws, the fundraising process, and the concept of donor relations.