Computer Information Science (Applications, Networking, Microcomputers, Web Development)
Los Rios Community College District
Computer Information Science (Applications, Networking, Microcomputers, Web Development) Adjunct Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00040P
Closing Date: Open Continuously
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10218
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Seeking the following web development languages:
Seeking the following programming languages:
C, C++, Java, Assembly language, and VB
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Coordinating day-to-day operations of student tutoring/computer lab.
● Ensuring and maintaining a positive and inviting learning environment for a diverse student population.
● Coordinating student tutors: assignment, scheduling, supervision, training and evaluation.
● Assisting students in understanding course content, adjusting methodologies for students with special needs or different learning styles.
● Answering questions about lab use and policies
● Reviewing and revising lab policies and procedures in conjunction with Dean and faculty members.
● Maintaining program budget, providing justifications of requirements and projections to the Dean, faculty, and staff as requested.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.