Faculty of Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
Department: School of Education
Reports to: Dean, School of Education
The MAEL faculty member is responsible for teaching courses and supervising students in the MAEL program. The North Park University School of Education invites applicants for a faculty position in Educational Leadership beginning in Fall 2019. The successful candidate will have experience as a school leader, a doctorate degree (master’s degree considered) in educational leadership, experience evaluating licensed educators, and appropriate Illinois licensure in school leadership (Type 75, Principal, or Superintendent endorsement).
Teaching responsibilities may include all area of Educational Leadership as offered in the MAEL program.
- Instruct courses leading to Illinois licensure as principal and teacher leader.
- Work collaboratively with principal mentors to support students in clinical internship placements.
- Evaluate and monitor the progress of students throughout the program.
- Provide counsel and support with students regarding day-to-day needs.
- Supervise multiple students for required administrative internships.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices in education, licensure and program requirements.
- Collaborate with program coordinator and SOE faculty/staff.
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in educational leadership, administration, or related field; master;s degree considered.
- Illinois Professional Educator License with Principal, Type 75, or Superintendent endorsement.
- Experience as school administrator in the State of Illinois.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- An ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with students, administrators, faculty, staff members, and outside constituencies.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess a clear understanding and personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education.
Candidate applications will be considered when the following items are submitted:
- A letter of interest including reasons for applying for this position.
- A resume addressing qualifications and experiences related to educational leadership.
- A statement of faith, discussing the integration of your leadership and academic philosophies. (see link for detailed instructions).
- Three letters of reference from people you have worked with professionally in education.
Please submit completed materials to Dr. Rebecca Nelson, Dean, School of Education, at [email protected] . Candidates will be considered when all required materials are submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Dru Sabres, Office Manager of the School of Education at [email protected]