Research Coordinator, Development
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Research Coordinator, in the Development Department (University Advancement).
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Florida Polytechnic University Advancement seeks a Research Coordinator to assist the Development Department in providing proactive research to further development efforts, providing prospect research using established systems, researching and writing non-technical grant applications and assisting with maintaining accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM) system. The Research Coordinator will work out of the Lakeland Development office, but will travel as needed.
· Provide high-quality research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using established resources and systems.
· Identify and research potential candidates for board positions, campaign committees and specialized engagement events.
· Compose documents (profiles, biographies, project/event summaries) using style, grammar, and content appropriate to established standards.
· Manage proactive “alerts” on a defined set of prospects; keeping appropriate staff updated as needed on changes that inform prospect strategy.
· Proactively and independently, plan and execute strategies to identify sources of major and principal gift support, using proven research methodologies to ensure that campus wide fundraising initiatives have sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals.
· Provide consultative services and orientation sessions on research methodologies and resources to key campus personnel involved in fundraising.
· Develop and maintain a pipeline of appropriate grant opportunities to assist in the fundraising efforts of the department.
· Produce accurate non-technical grant proposals by established deadlines.
· Cultivate relationships with Foundations and other grant funding organizations and individuals.
· Coordinate outside grant sourcing, grant writing, and research activities as needed
· Manage information and activities with key constituents while providing timely reporting through the CRM System.
· Cross train with other development and advancement staff to be able to provide assistance in other areas as needed.
· Build working relationships and serve as department liaison to internal and external constituents as needed.
· Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of advanced prospect research methods using current internet based tools. Grant sourcing and non-technical grant writing experience is helpful.
· Ability to do research and extract data from appropriate relational databases.
· Strong computer skills and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Analytical skills to initiate and perform complex analyses of information and database queries.
· Ability to work independently and in a team, prioritize work, and manage multiple, diverse, and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
· Ability to recall, recognize, and communicate interrelated information pertaining to donors and prospects.
· Ability to organize information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among individuals, corporations, and foundations.
· Ability to conceptualize and develop proactive prospecting methodologies to support organizational goals, including data mining, sophisticated constituent database queries, etc.
· Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience
· Successful prospect research experience
· Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system.
· Experience sourcing and writing non-technical grants.
· Experience working with reports in a CRM or Business Intelligence software.
· Experience with iWave or related internet research tool.
· Experience in Higher Education.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· This position requires a criminal background check.
· This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $47,476 - $52,032, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.