Financial Systems Director
Financial Systems Director
- Manages the University's Financial Data Model (FDM) in Workday.
- Supports bi-annual releases of upgraded Workday functionality.
- Supports collaborative efforts with Information Technology Services to administer security access to financial data and reports as well as business process routing.
- Develops standards for financial reporting requests and prioritization.
- Supports the preparation of financial products (University Budget, Financial Statements, Capital Project Budgets, and dashboards) with data preparation and analysis.
- Stays abreast of developing and changing sources for products and services and stays informed of new developments that may be useful to the University in reducing costs and increasing efficiencies.
- Supports the establishment of policies and guidelines for administration of the University's FDM in Workday.
- Supports internal and external auditing with the development of reports and analysis.- may also assist with investigations and instances of non-compliance with University policies and established regulations.
- Provides support and direction for two direct subordinates including planning for their professional development and completing performance review process with employees to help them understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
- Reviews staff work and ensures that errors and issues are promptly identified and resolved.
- Establishes and communicates work procedures and processes and recommends improvements as appropriate.
- Pursues professional development to keep pace with demands for services and information; including maintaining up to date information about the department and university.
- Completes performance review process with supervisor/employees to understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
- Daily contact with members of own work unit and immediate supervisor to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information and make suggestions related to mutual goals.
- Frequent contact with constituents across the University to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information and suggestions.
- Occasional contact with University's President, Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors, and Trustees to present information and discuss mutual goals.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
- Reviews work to ensure compliance with procedures and deadlines.
- Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes or steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying established rules and procedures.
- Errors may cause inaccuracies in reports, records or data resulting in dissemination of inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Bachelor's Degree with three or more years' experience in related field.
- Management and leadership aptitude or experience with high level of motivation and ability to motivate others.
- Systems experience in accounting environment as well as advanced knowledge in working with Workday and Microsoft Office Suite products including advanced skills working with Excel spreadsheets using various functions and formulas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to present financial and non-financial information clearly and logically both in writing and orally.
- Good business sense with proven track record of negotiation skills and project management experience.
- Ability to use independent judgment in planning and controlling non-routine activities.
- High level of integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and accept responsibility.
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Superior organizational and follow-through skills.
- Workday experience, certifications, or Workday Pro.
- Master's Degree in related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience within a university environment.
- Background in customer service.
Required Documents: Cover Letter and Resume
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Financial-Systems-Director_R000435
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency