Job Number: 81542
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Associate
Job Code: 4102
Job Grade: E
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanford.
Stanford Introductory Studies (SIS) is a unit in the office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education that manages required and elective academic programs for first- and second-year students: Thinking Matters, Introductory Seminars, Education as Self-Fashioning, Sophomore College and Arts Intensive. More than 300 tenure-track faculty from all seven schools of the University teach in one or more of these SIS programs, sharing their enthusiasm for learning while encouraging students to discover their intellectual interests. SIS classes promote active learning in an inclusive and supportive classroom environment where individual students receive individual attention and support for their exploration of the full range of expansive and diverse academic opportunities offered at Stanford.
SIS seeks an Administrative and Finance Associate to provide administrative and financial support for our unit and programs. As a member of the SIS business team and reporting to the Associate Director of Finance and Administration, you will work with faculty and staff across the university to facilitate course activities that support our mission: to connect students with faculty. You will process routine and complex financial transactions applying a deep understanding of university financial policies. Additionally, you will provide general administrative support for the SIS unit. Are you organized, collaborative, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Exhibiting excellent customer service skills while responding to and advising on inquiries from faculty, academic staff, administrative staff, and external vendors related to SIS and university financial policies.
- Displaying your organizational skills by facilitating course activities by purchasing tickets, coordinating transportation, ordering food, making reservations, procuring supplies, and occasionally organizing travel.
- Processing and monitoring routine and occasionally complex financial transactions, which requires transparently tracking transactions progress and resolving any delays.
- Demonstrating your Excel knowledge by providing concise financial summary reports.
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment and obtaining vendor quotations.
- Hiring student staff in compliance with university policy.
- Guiding and training student and contingent workers in general administrative and financial processes.
- Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
*-Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- MS Office, Outlook, Google Drive experience
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
For undergraduates, VPUE is the nexus for programs and initiatives that help students define and achieve their intellectual ambitions at Stanford. These include investigative introductory courses taught by esteemed faculty, targeted classes in writing and rhetoric, undergraduate research support, academic advising and mentoring, overseas and off-campus study programs, and undergraduate scholarships and fellowships. For faculty, VPUE serves as a principal conduit for furthering interaction with undergraduates and discovering ways in which working with students can enrich one's research agenda. VPUE advocates for undergraduate education in collaboration with faculty, departments and schools across Stanford. All VPUE resources are dedicated to involving faculty with the undergraduate experience, connecting students with phenomenal opportunities and fully realizing a liberal education at Stanford.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
If you're ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 81542 in the Keyword Search field
Location: Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency