Assistant Professor of Microbiology Tenure Track, Starting September 1, 2019
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The Stockton University Biology Program seeks to fill a tenure track position, at the rank of Assistant Professor, in the area of Microbiology for September 2019. Teaching responsibilities will include a microbiology course for nursing and health science majors (lecture and laboratory), contributing to teaching introductory biology and/or genetics (lectures and/or laboratory), teaching in the University’s interdisciplinary general studies curriculum, and offering an upper level course in the candidate’s area of expertise. The successful candidate must demonstrate a dedication to excellent teaching, and a commitment to research appropriate for a primarily undergraduate institution. Stockton is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
- Teaching load is typically 12 teaching credits hours per semester year with lectures carrying 4 credit hours and laboratories 2 credit hours.
- Develop a research program involving undergraduate students with the potential to lead to external funding.
- Excellence in teaching and scholarship are expected.
- Serve as an advisor to undergraduate students.
- Participate in service to the university, community, and discipline.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- PhD is required for appointment as an Assistant Professor.
- Teaching and/or post-graduate experience are desirable.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae
- Short (1-page) teaching philosophy statement
- Short description of Scholarship plans and research capabilities
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.