CRM Administrator/Subject Matter Expert
The University of Maine System is seeking to hire a CRM Administrator for the fixed length of February 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020.
The work location can be on any of the University of Maine campus and is at the discretion of the successful candidate.
The CRM Administrator/Subject Matter Expert is responsible for working with key stakeholders at the campuses to implement, maintain, and optimize the system-wide Salesforce CRM. The person in this role will work with users across the system to provide scalable, long-term solutions by leveraging the features, functions, and best practices of the Salesforce platform. This role will be responsible for making changes to the system, maintaining security and integrity, verifying data quality, providing user trainings and support, writing process documentation, and managing reports/dashboards. Additionally, this position will work with other IT staff to ensure integrations to other platforms (Peoplesoft, datamarts, etc.). The primary goals of the CRM implementation are to support the Enrollment Management areas of the system, and the person in this role has a strong understanding of enrollment needs.
Based on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant, the salary range is upper $60's to mid $80's plus a 10% employer contribution to the UMS retirement plan (vesting is 5 years). Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition waiver programs for employees and dependents. The UMS is a recipient of the Wellness Councils of America’s Well Workplace Award and offers a wellness program
Review of applications begins immediately. For full consideration, materials must be submitted by January 8, 2019. Applications received after that date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
- Strong background in Salesforce.com administration, including development of Apex triggers and workflow automation
- Strong knowledge of enrollment reporting and data, as it relates to Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders to assess their needs and develop solutions related to those needs in the Salesforce environment
- A strong understanding of ETL processes and how they relate to the Salesforce system
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and both oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train others on topics of varying complexity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in deploying Salesforce, or another CRM, in a higher ed environment
- Experience with project management and/or business analyst methodologies, especially as those relate to a CRM deployment
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
About the University:
Established in 1968, the University of Maine System is the state’s largest educational enterprise. It has an annual enrollment of nearly 30,000 students and positively impacts the lives of hundreds of thousands of Mainers each year through its educational and cultural offerings as well as outreach and public service to individuals, businesses, organizations and policymakers. The System has an estimated $1.5 billion total statewide economy impact each year, a return of $7.50 for every dollar of State appropriation. Two-thirds of its alumni—approximately 120,000 people—live in Maine. The University of Maine System is accessible with seven universities—some with multiple campuses—located across the state, as well as a law school, an additional 31 course sites, and Cooperative Extension. The University of Maine System Chancellor’s office is located in Estabrooke Hall on the University of Maine campus in Orono. System-wide services and governance employees work from campuses across the state.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 3 years of related experience supporting Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Experience in Higher Education
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position" below. You will need to create a profile and application (which includes contact information for 3 references); upload:
- a cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
- a resume/curriculum vitae
You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status forms. Incomplete application materials cannot be considered. Materials received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening.
The University of Maine System is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).