Instructor - LCSW
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Instructor - LCSW
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
NATURE OF WORK
The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes at the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center is a multi-disciplinary diabetes center affiliated with The Children Hospital Colorado as well as the University of Colorado, School of Medicine. The patient population is primarily children with type 1 diabetes, but also includes youth with type 2 diabetes. In addition to the clinical program, the Barbara Davis Center has a large clinical research program allowing many ongoing educational opportunities. The Clinical Social Worker provides psychosocial assessment of patients with type 1 diabetes and makes recommendations to facilitate adherence to the diabetes regimen and promote quality of life. Position also assists in evaluating barriers to adherence (such as co-morbid mood, psychiatric disorders, and eating disorders) and facilitates referral to other community resources. This position also involves teaching and organizing presentations for both professional and community development. - This appointment is a full time position at 100% FTE (5 days a week).
This position formally reports to the Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Division; and is supervised by the senior Clinical Social Worker.
There is no supervision
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The position serves as a Clinical Social Worker at the Instructor level. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides psychosocial support/intervention and care to newly diagnosed and established children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Provides the mental health assessment component in interdisciplinary care of patients and makes appropriate referrals for treatment.
- Does phone consultations with patients, other medical professionals, and protective services/Court officials to advocate around medical care of diabetes.
- A combination of previous mental health clinical experience and understanding of ethnic and economic diversity and its impact on management of chronic medical conditions is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively is required as well as the ability to plan strategically, set priorities, and establish and achieve agreed clinic objectives. This person must be flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Provides ongoing education to the community, medical professionals and students.
- Contributes to new and ongoing diabetes clinical research protocols.
- Should have basic computer skills for charting/data entry of patient contacts.
- Maintains high standards of existing diabetes program
- Maintains credentials for licensure as a clinical social worker (LCSW) and, eventually as a Certified Diabetes Educator, CDE.
- Experience using evidenced based interventional in the treatment of co-morbid mental health conditions.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Masters level Clinical Social Worker licensed or eligible for license within 6 months to practice in Colorado.
- Knowledge of diabetes or other chronic medical condition and their impact on children and families.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15368
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20061 - SOM-Barbara Davis Center
Posting Date: Dec 18, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Talisha Bell
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00757118